My Blog List

Thursday, November 18, 2010

proposal for research # 2

I am looking to paying a close attention to Bordo’s “ Gentleman or Beast, the double bind”. With emphasis on how contradictory one is expected to behave in modern civilization. My special interest will argue about why this suggestion from Boado’s sits well with me. In my first research, I threw more light on the metro/rock sexuality in which I was trying to make a case similar to what Bordo is projecting in her.

My preliminary thesis will be “The good in double bind”. This will dive into how evolution has brought about the growth state in men combining both their soft and hard elements together to introduce a new form of idealism.

I will conjure my sources form the school library and as much as I can get from the internet. I am hoping that personal experiences will be allowed to be paragraphed into the research.

1 comment:

  1. Bordo's chapter "gentleman or beast? double bind of masculinity" makes several interesting observations about the complexities, or the contradictory expectation men must meet in order to appear masculine.I wish you explained more fully what the double bind of masculinity is and why you agree with this observation?
    I'm assuming "the good in double bind" refers to the double bind of masculinity and you are planning on defending the position that the double bind of masculinity is in fact beneficial to men because... The reason for you assuming this position will come from your research. Please do not 'conjure' research,as that suggests you will procure it via magic. As you indicate in your second paragraph of the proposal, you are interested in the biological and sociological aspects of masculinity? I'm not sure what you mean by " new from of idealism"?
    You are by all means welcome to include personal anecdotes in your paper, but these will not count as research sources, and you need two, aside from Bordo's chapter, for this project.

    ReplyDelete