My Blog List

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Worst Date

I hooked up with this girl i knew from back in Junior High School. we talked on the phone a few time before we ::agreed on a date after work on a Friday night whenever. i went to pick her up around 7:45pm and got to the restaurant around 8:05pm.
       After about thirty to forty  minutes into our conversation, there comes this other guy I have never seen before in my life, only to be introduced as a cousin to the girl. As pissed as i was, i managed to be constructive about the introduction the prior conversation  I was having with her before the dude showed up. I also kept my composure in order not to be seen vulnerable or weak hearted or minded. Though others might not make a big deal about this but my review to it is that, why wait till the 11th hour to tell me about your cousin coming to join us? Who does that? I didn't make any comments and sunk it in like its normal but as I sat there chewing down the content of my plate, i entertained a lingering thought of not calling her again right after i drop her off.
      True to my words, I've been totally oblivious to her and all about that day the minute I pulled away from the building in which she lived. My conclusion is, I can't work around surprises in dating at least not on the first day. No exceptional second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment